And so the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all the people
As the festive season approaches, our calendars fill up with various engagements and responsibilities. It’s easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, often neglecting our own well-being. However, amidst the busyness, it is important to take a step back and intentionally cultivate moments of stillness that allow us to stop, pause, reflect, and refresh our souls and bodies.
I need refreshing friends. I’m tired. Besides being in my Seasonal Affective funk and a kicker of a fibromyalgia flair, my head is tired like there’s too much noise. I feel like I need to be quiet and still. I need to stop, pause, reflect and refresh. I like it here in the quietness of my bubble. Do you ever feel that way?
Scripture reminds us of the importance of rest and rejuvenation. In Psalm 23:2-3 (NIV), we read: “He makes me lie down in green pastures; he leads me beside quiet waters. He refreshes my soul.” This Christmas season provides an opportunity for us to heed this invitation to nurture ourselves on the whole.
1. Stopping: In a world that constantly demands productivity and achievement, stopping can feel counterintuitive. However, taking intentional breaks allows us to recharge physically and mentally. Let’s carve out moments in our schedules for solitude— whether it’s through prayerful meditation or simply enjoying a cup of tea while observing nature’s beauty.
2. Pausing: Amidst the flurry of activities during Christmas preparations, let’s remember to pause regularly throughout each day. Pause before responding hastily or reacting impulsively in stressful situations. Pause to appreciate the small blessings that surround us— a warm smile from a loved one or the twinkling lights adorning our homes.
3. Reflecting: This season invites us to reflect on the true meaning of Christmas – Christ’s birth as God’s gift of love for humanity. Take time to ponder on God’s faithfulness throughout this year; acknowledge His grace in both joyful moments and trials faced along the way. Reflect on personal growth opportunities while seeking forgiveness where needed.
4. Refreshing: Our bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19-20). This Christmas let’s take some time to care for ourselves by nourishing our physical health. Engage in activities that bring joy and rejuvenation, such as going for a walk in nature, practicing mindful exercise or enjoying wholesome and yummy meals with loved ones.
All In All
As we joyfully embrace the spirit and reason of Christmas, may we find solace and strength in these precious moments of stopping, pausing, reflecting, and refreshing. In our busy lives, it is vital to pause and appreciate the blessings that surround us. Let us take this opportunity to reflect upon the true meaning of Christmas and allow our souls to be replenished by God’s boundless grace.
During this festive season, as we gather with loved ones and create cherished memories, may our bodies be invigorated for the journey that lies ahead. Let us recharge ourselves physically and mentally so that we can face the challenges of the coming year with renewed energy and enthusiasm.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas filled with an abundance of peace that transcends all understanding, love that warms your heart, and blessings that overflow in every aspect of your life. May this season bring you joy, hope, and a sense of unity as we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ.
Sweet Tea & Friends is a MONTHLY PARTY and will run from 1:00 am on the 1st of every month through 11:55 pm on the 21st of the month.
1. For Bloggers, you can link UNLIMITED postsof your Christian, faith, family-friendly posts. Feel free to link up your Crafting, DIY, recipes/ Cooking, Gardening, Photography, Lifestyle, Travel, Health & Beauty, Fashion, Parenting, Grandparenting, Home Making, Homescapes & Tablescapes, Outdoor, and Decorating. Why Unlimited?Because I thought you might want to link up any older posts that need some love and attention too. Do you host a Link-Up or a Giveaway? Link it up.
2. Link to a specific blog post (URL of a specific post)—(not your website). Feel free to link up any older posts that may need some love and attention too.
3. Show some love. Visit your neighbor or at least two others and comment to let them know that what they wrote touched you or you appreciated their post.
4. For Readers, please feel free to click on the blue button below to visit other writers’ blog posts. You will find Christian content, encouragement, inspiration, and many lifestyle and homestyle content you are sure to enjoy.