Thanksgiving is a time to come together with loved ones and celebrate all that we’re grateful for. From the delicious meal to the warm company, there’s so much to be thankful for on this special day.
There are many ways to celebrate Thanksgiving. No matter how you spend the day, it’s a special time to connect with the people you care about and express your gratitude.
In addition to enjoying the traditional Thanksgiving feast, there are many fun and meaningful activities that you can do with your family and friends.
Here are a few ideas
- Play a Thanksgiving trivia game. Create a list of Thanksgiving trivia questions, such as “What is the first Thanksgiving dish?” or “What is the name of the president who pardoned the first Thanksgiving turkey?” Then, quiz your family and friends on their Thanksgiving knowledge.
- Write a Thanksgiving poem or song. Have your family and friends each write a poem or song about what they’re thankful for. Then, share your creations with each other.
- Make a Thanksgiving craft. There are many different Thanksgiving crafts that you can make, such as turkey hand puppets, corn on the cob place markers, and pumpkin centerpieces. Get creative and have fun with it!
- Go for a walk or hike. Get some fresh air and exercise before or after your meal. If you live in a rural area, you might even be able to spot some wildlife.
- Play a board game. This is a great way to relax and have some fun after dinner. There are many different board games to choose from, so you’re sure to find one that everyone will enjoy.
- Watch a movie. If you’re feeling in the mood for a more relaxed activity, cuddle up on the couch and watch a movie together. Choose a Thanksgiving-themed movie, or something else that everyone will enjoy.
- Have a Thanksgiving-themed scavenger hunt. This is a fun activity for kids and adults alike. Hide Thanksgiving-themed items around your house or yard and have everyone race to find them.
- Make a gratitude tree. Write down things that you’re grateful for on leaves and hang them on a tree. This is a great way to reflect on all the good things in your life.
- Play a game of touch football. This is a fun and active way to burn off some calories after your meal.
- Sing Thanksgiving songs. Gather everyone around the piano or put on some music and sing Thanksgiving carols together.
- Write thank-you notes. Take some time to write thank-you notes to the people you’re grateful for. This is a simple way to show your appreciation for the people in your life.
- Tell stories. Share stories about your favorite Thanksgiving memories or other special moments in your life.
- Sing karaoke. Let loose and have some fun singing karaoke with your family and friends.
- Volunteer your time. Spend Thanksgiving helping others at a soup kitchen or homeless shelter.
- Have a Thanksgiving potluck. Ask everyone to bring a dish to share.
- Go to a Thanksgiving parade or festival. Watch the floats go by and enjoy the festive atmosphere.
- Take a Thanksgiving Road trip. Visit family and friends who live out of town.
- Start a new Thanksgiving tradition. Create a new tradition that you can do with your family and friends every year.
No matter what activities you choose, the most important thing is to spend time with the people you love and cherish the moments making your Thanksgiving season and celebration even more meaningful and memorable
Sweet Tea & Friends is a MONTHLY PARTY and will run from 1:00 am on the 1st of every month through 11:55 pm on the 21st of the month.
1. For Bloggers, you can link UNLIMITED posts of your Christian, faith, family-friendly posts. Feel free to link up your Crafting, DIY, recipes/ Cooking, Gardening, Photography, Lifestyle, Travel, Health & Beauty, Fashion, Parenting, Grandparenting, Home Making, Homescapes & Tablescapes, Outdoor and Decorating. Why Unlimited? Because I thought you might want to link up any older posts that need some love and attention too. Do you host a Link-Up? Link it up.
2. Link to a specific blog post (URL of a specific post)—(not your website). Feel free to link up any older posts that may need some love and attention too.
3. Show some love. Visit your neighbor or at least 2 others and comment to let them know that what they wrote touched you or you appreciated their post.
4. For Readers, please feel free to click on the blue button below to visit other writers’ blog posts. You will find Christian content, encouragement, inspiration, and many lifestyle and homestyle content you are sure to enjoy.
Kindly Link Back To The Host Post or Blog
Linking up this month with these AMAZING Blog Hop/Link-Up party hostesses!
Senior Salon Pit Stop Inspire Me Monday @ Anita’s Inspire Me Monday @ Create With Joy Friendship Friday Remember Me Monday #TellHisStory InstaEncouragements Let’s Have Coffee #AnythingGoesLinky Imparting Grace Grace & Truth You’re The Star Encouraging Hearts & Home Hearth & Soul Sweet Tea & Friends Grammy’s Grid #PoCoLo Happiness Is Homemade Tell It To Me Tuesday Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop Crazy Little Love Birds Will Blog For Comments The Happy Now Blog Link-Up Dare To Share Saturday’s Ge.ner.ic @ G’Ma’s Photos